Wednesday 25 February 2009

Oh My Blog

I have thought long and hard about how I would start of my first blog.... And I came up with nothing.
My name is Laura Ring.
I have been working at the Rep full time since April 2008, after three rounds of being the student reporter.
I graduated from the SAIT Journalism program in May 2008, where I concentrated mostly on wing nights at our on-campus bar, getting in as much shopping as I could on my student loan and attending a Calgary Flames game with my fellow classmates whenever possible. Somewhere between all that I did learn about blogs and online journalism. What I learned about them or if I even went to that class, I am not too sure about.
So as Rep readers and my Editor learn more about our online features I can honestly say so am I.
Between growing up in Leduc and working at the paper I have seen the City of Leduc and its local newspaper go through many changes.
And now I get to take part in the Rep going online.
Not only do we have a new blog we all will be taking part in, but our website has new features to find out what the reader thinks and soon a Facebook group.
I hope all our readers take advantage of the new forms of communication, and tell us what exactly what you think. Whether it is an opinion about a certain article or a community event going on in the Leduc County, we want to know!
Not only will this Blog will give us the chance to let the readers know about events going on in the County earlier, but now we can give the inside scoop and tell all the entertaining and interesting moments behind the scenes, that didn't make it into the paper.

1 comment:

  1. I believe this is a great forward movement
    and take the rep to a whole new level!

    ReplyDelete

The Leduc Representative encourages and welcomes comments on any content posted on this blog. Please note that comments will be reviewed by Rep staff before appearing on the site. Comments containing personal attacks or discriminatory or inappropriate language will be deleted.