Thursday 19 February 2009

Introductions

Hey everyone,

My name is Alexandra, I'm a reporter for the Leduc Representative. I'd like to tell you a little bit about myself. Alberta is the fourth province I've lived in — I was born in Quebec, raised in Ontario, educated in New Brunswick, and am now enjoying launching my media career in the wild, wild west.

I've worked in media in one form or another for about five years now. I was arts and entertainment editor of The Brunswickan, the student paper at the University of New Brunswick in Fredericton. While finishing my Master's degree at the University of Western Ontario, I enjoyed a brief stint as co-host of a weekly news-talk radio show and followed that up with a mind-blowing two weeks as a reporter for CBC radio in Fredericton. I also completed two television internships, one as a writer for The Weather Network and the other as the host of a mini documentary series on immigrants and refugees in New Brunswick for Rogers Television, entitled Crossing Borders.

Prior to coming to Alberta, I spent six amazing months in the Dominican Republic, working for an online English publication called Dominican Today.

I am very excited about the role the internet can play in bringing communities together and hope that you will find this blog informative, interesting, and above all representative of what matters to Leduc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Leduc Representative encourages and welcomes comments on any content posted on this blog. Please note that comments will be reviewed by Rep staff before appearing on the site. Comments containing personal attacks or discriminatory or inappropriate language will be deleted.