Friday 16 September 2011

Psyched to see my first psychic


Kidney stones, a strong career and surprise surprise, money in my future were all of the things talked about by the psychic I went to see during the Leduc Psychic Fair.

I’ll admit, I was quite skeptic about going to a psychic and what they would tell me that I didn’t already know, but I left there with a little bit more optimism and a little bit less money.

First off, I didn’t expect two psychics to say the same thing to me. I only paid for one reading but apparently the fact that I have a Vitamin B12 deficiency ‘radiates’ from my aura and compelled one of the psychics to stop mid-interview just to tell me.

“It’s not a really bad thing, but I do see something to do with your kidneys and it is something you should watch out for,” she said in a slightly ominous tone.

“Ummm,” was my only response. I mean really, she knew something about me that 1) I did not tell her 2) Was bang on. She didn’t know which Vitamin B but she did know I was lacking it, which I have to admit, impressed me.

And it only got better from there. After I finished talking to the clairvoyant medium, I moved on to another clairvoyant who did my tarot card reading.

As he fanned the cards out on the table, I couldn’t help but think of the several movie scenes where this exact situation plays out, only to see the psychic lift the ominous Grim Reaper card to signify death. Luckily, there was no Grim Reaper card for me this time as I chose 11 cards at random.

The first thing he noticed was fast movement. He told me “You’re not a couch potato are you?” I wanted to say to him “Well, it depends what night of the week it is. If it’s Jersday, then ya, I like to lounge around,” but I decided to stick to a simple “no.”

He then told me that he was feeling a ‘pulse’ of a large sum of money in my future. He emphasized that it wasn’t a big lottery win where I could quit my job and retire tomorrow, but it would be a lump sum that could get rid of my debt. Sure, I can’t buy a jet in the near future, but I’ll take some money to get rid of those pesky Visa bills.

But there was still a part of me that wondered if he always said that to his clients. I couldn’t help wonder if that was just a scam on his part so I would pay up and get more readings done, but I figured he probably wasn’t lying. He seemed like a nice clairvoyant.

As the reading continued, he asked me to pose a question to him and I decided to stick with health. He had told me earlier in the reading that he, too, could detect something in my kidneys, nothing life-threatening, but an issue like kidney stones. Yikes, two for two.

But when he looked at the three new cards I had picked out and was deep in thought, he started to talk about how my mother had something wrong with her ovaries, like a cyst or something. That was really when I started to believe. About three years ago, my mother had one of her ovaries removed because it had a cyst and I was shocked to hear, that I, too, would have that issue later in life. It wasn’t the greatest thing to hear, I’ll admit, but when he mentioned by mom, that was just too creepy for me not to believe.

He also talked about my personality too, which I won’t bore you with, and how it will tie into my future. He mentioned that I have a long lifeline (yes, he did do a brief palm reading), and that I am an empathetic person, a trait that will continue to be seen for the rest of my life. I’m not sure if that’s true or not, but I thought it was a nice, uplifting way to end the reading.

My friend asked me if I would go to a psychic again and I think maybe I would. I may not be a religious person but I do believe in karma and that everything happens for a reason. So, if I am supposed to get kidney stones, fine so be it. Money in my future? Yes please! But I also believe that by knowing money and kidney stones are in my life trajectory has made me look at things a little differently. Maybe I’ll start eating more magnesium-rich foods to fend off the stones, and maybe I’ll start buying a lotto ticket here or there. Either way, I admit I feel a little bit more enlightened into my future than I did yesterday. I would encourage people to try a psychic at least once in their lives, skeptic or not. I mean even if you do get some so-so news, chances are money is in your future and I didn’t even need a crystal ball to tell you that.

Check out the Leduc Psychic Fair this Saturday and Sunday at the Days Inn and Suites in Leduc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Leduc Representative encourages and welcomes comments on any content posted on this blog. Please note that comments will be reviewed by Rep staff before appearing on the site. Comments containing personal attacks or discriminatory or inappropriate language will be deleted.