Thursday 26 March 2009

Are you well aware?

Last week, I attended the Working Well Workshop on proper well maintenance and construction in Calmar. As an urban girl who's enjoyed the convenience of city water for most of my life, I had no idea that wells required so much care and attention — but it makes absolute sense to preserve the quality of the natural resource that keeps us alive.

I picked up a lot of materials at the workshop which helped me write my article (which will appear in the March 27 Rep), and they contained links to different websites where well owners can find out more.

I have a bit of a weird pet peeve against writing long, complicated website addresses out in print, which is why I love the RepBlog, because it enables me to send readers to websites via one convenient link.

So, as promised, here are some well resources that are well worth checking out (pun most definitely intended).

Agriculture and Water Quality: Beneficial Management Practices

Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada resources

Aquifer Vulnerability Index

Canada Groundwater Association

Groundwater Information System

Water Well Design and Construction

Shock Chlorinating Your Well

About the Working Well Workshop

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Leduc Representative encourages and welcomes comments on any content posted on this blog. Please note that comments will be reviewed by Rep staff before appearing on the site. Comments containing personal attacks or discriminatory or inappropriate language will be deleted.